Weekly Course Clear – Set Sail!
Remember all those intraday indications about head-and-shoulders patterns? Some of them got confirmed by weekly prices!
This is exciting because weekly prices tend to be more important and more meaningful than daily closing prices, which, in turn, are more meaningful than intraday extremes. I covered all those indications last week, and since they all remain up-to-date, in today’s analysis, I’m going to focus on one chart that includes all important changes that happened in the markets (there was one other important change – the first RISE session took place on Friday, but I’ll move to that after the regular part of the analysis) since Friday.
So, here’s what happened on a weekly basis:
- Gold futures declined visibly, but they remain above the neck level of the head and shoulders pattern.
- GLD ETF declined and closed the week below the neck level of the head and shoulders pattern, which is a very bearish development.
- Silver futures declined and closed the week below the neck level of the head and shoulders pattern, which is a very bearish development.
- The USD Index broke above its declining resistance line and closed the week visibly above it, making it 100% clear that the breakout was indeed verified.
- The S&P 500 broke and closed the week below its rising short-term support line. That was not a huge decline, but it seems like the first crack in the dam.
So, we got neutral indications from gold futures but bearish indications from GLD, silver futures, USD Index (as what’s bullish for the USDX is generally bearish for the precious metals sector), and the stock market.
Interestingly, junior mining stocks declined, but only a little, and they actually moved higher on Friday. Is this strength compared to gold, something really bullish?
No. Junior miners had a good reason not to decline here but rather take an extra breather due to the support level. The current $35 level is important support as it’s based on the Aug. 2022 high, the early-Nov. 2022 high, the early-Mar. 2023 high, the 50% Fibonacci retracement based on the entire 2022-2023 rally, and that’s the level breaking that triggered a rebound several weeks ago.
So, this time, investors are cautious about this level, and it is perfectly normal.
It’s not rocket science to see what’s likely to happen, though. The USD Index is after a confirmed breakout, and stocks have broken below their support line. And while the situation in gold is rather unclear (futures are not breaking lower, but GLD is), silver is showing that the next move is down. So, yes, the GDXJ is likely to slide as well any day now, and the profit-taking plan that I outlined on Friday (including the details of going long) remains up-to-date.
The above ends today’s analysis, at least its part dedicated to markets. The following part is about the inaugural RISE session and the direction in which this is all going.
In short, the first Regain Inner Strength Experience session was a tremendous success. Before the key part of the session, I asked the participants about their overall wellbeing on a scale from 1 to 10, and the average was 6.1. I asked the same question after the key part of the session (about 30 minutes later), and it jumped to 8.1.
As far as I know, nobody’s financial status or anything else in their lives changed during those 40 minutes, and yet, due to the internal process that they went through, people were able to substantially increase their wellbeing. People moved from where they were halfway to the max! In 40 minutes! If that’s not how a spectacular success looks like, I don’t know what it would be.
Before the session, I had my own expectations regarding the session; and I considered a move up by one point on that scale to be a success. We got twice as much.
And it actually gets even better!
I asked for more detailed feedback at the end of the session, and it turned out that there was only one person whose wellbeing decreased from 10 to 8, but it came with extra info: “the experience is still growing in me”, which is actually perfect. After some reflection, this person could move “beyond 10” thanks to insights that they will get. If we take the above into account, the real increase in wellbeing would be even greater! One final number – the record increase in wellbeing was from 4 to 9.
One of the questions in the survey was what people appreciated the most about the session, and here are some of the replies (I’m putting in bold the parts that I find key and that I particularly like):
- That it worked
- that it helps how to find more certainty and solution to my issues by myself
- I liked PR’s hands-on approach. No wasting time with anything. This tells me that I need more of these exercises, but rarely someone provides them, let alone for free. I imagine myself doing an exercise in the morning as well.
- Move forward. The experience is still growing in me
- Direct and insightful
- Your presentation is very honest and right from your heart.
- Practical meditation
You can watch the recording over here (in the description of the event), you can watch it also below (but please use the above link if, for whatever reason the embed video function doesn’t work), and you can sign up for the RISE #2 session over here (Aug. 22 – 11 AM EST / 5 PM CET).
Now, while I’m experienced in working 1-on-1 during the Mastering Multidimensional Wealth | 1:1 Coaching Experience, and Reiss Motivational Profile® sessions, facilitating an online session was something new for me, and I didn’t manage to do everything that I had planned even though I added extra 30 minutes to the hourly session.
Next time, I will plan it better, and I will introduce the key exercise in a separate video.
To make watching the recording easier and more pleasant for you, here’s the breakdown:
- 0:00 – 17:15 – welcoming participants and introducing myself
- 17:15 – 36:40 – the theory behind the transformation exercise
- 36:40 – 59:21 – the transformation exercise along with the extra intro
- 59:21 – 1:20:35 – summarizing the exercise; survey
- 1:20:35 – 1:28:55 – final quick exercise regarding sharing positive wishes (plus a surprise in the second half of the exercise, which I don’t want to spoil; check it out) and the ending
Using the YT link might be most convenient as it then automatically takes you to the right part of the video (just click “more” on YT to expand video’s description, and then you’ll see the breakdown of chapters).
If you’re short on time and you trust the process (there’s a lot of science behind it and as you can see above, I talked about it for quite some time) you can skip the intros and move right to the transformation exercise.
One person in the feedback form wrote (in addition to writing that they found the session to be helpful) that they are wondering what the ultimate goal of these sessions is. In case you’re also wondering, here’s a (long, but probably worth reading) reply:
The increase in wellbeing that you saw in the session IS the ultimate goal of these sessions. This assists people in breaking out of the loss-stress cycle regardless of whose analyses they follow because, ultimately, everyone will lose money at some point or will be holding on to a position that’s in the red for some time before it becomes profitable. And that’s not pleasant. In the loss-stress cycle, the above causes stress (and all sorts of unpleasant emotions: fear, anxiety, shame, guilt, sadness, anger, and frustration are the most common), which in turn makes it more difficult for one to remain objective about the situation, and they take worse investment decisions next time, perhaps making emotional decisions to increase their positions/leverage, or to drop those positions entirely. The irony here is that many tend to drop their positions right before the situation turns around, and they become profitable because it is at the price extremes that emotions are at their highest. And as people make those less-objective decisions, the chances for more losses increase. Which increases stress, which decreases profits, which causes stress, and so on. Capital, health, and wellbeing in general all are negatively impacted.
What is the default way in which people can try to self-regulate? Some people will engage in sports activities, meditate, engage in their non-market hobbies, etc., but some will want to vent their frustration publicly. While this is understandable, it’s also harmful to others because some of those “others” might have been on the verge of panic, and they wouldn’t have panicked if left alone, but when they see someone else panicking or venting, they will probably be pushed to react in the same way, thus exacerbating the stress-loss cycle.
Now, I’m doing my best with my analytical part, but I can only do so much – I’m human after all, and neither I nor anyone else can be reasonably expected to pick all the tops and all the bottoms (I did pick the 2020 bottom, though). So, I’ve been thinking if there’s something else that I can do for you in the one-to-many arrangement, where I can assist multiple people at the same time. I’ve been thinking about it for a long time, and I finally realized that if I can make people break out of the stress-loss cycle (whether they are following my analyses or someone else’s analyses) then this will be the ultimate game-changer. The true success always comes within, anyway.
Also, I have a deep conviction that we’re living in times that are so difficult on many fronts, but in particular relating to mental health (and I don’t mean illnesses, but being on top of the mental game – happy, relaxed, and fulfilled) that the basics, or at least a large part of them should be available either for free or at a price that’s affordable for everyone. With 1-on-1 services it’s different, because it fully engages the provider and makes them unavailable to do anything else.
I’ve been collecting insights from various sources (believe me, what’s in RISE is the tip of the tip of the iceberg of what I learned and tested in the previous years) and in cooperation with the Stanford School of Medicine (and others), I came up with the idea to provide the Regain Inner Strength Experience sessions for free, and also to provide a course with key insights and exercises for next to nothing (probably $5 per month). This course, entitled “From Fear to Fortune” is currently in the making. This way, everyone will be able to enjoy their lives more, make more money on their trades, and make Golden Meadow a better, more supportive platform – everybody wins.
All this will also serve as an intro to many other courses (and then newsletters), some with basics of finance and investing, some aimed at more advanced areas in finance and wellbeing (you’d be surprised how much can be done with just breath – and yet very few people discuss that). We’ll greatly expand investment and financial scope of what’s available but also on the front where those “other” important things are – like communication, relationships, memory, preventing neurodegenerative diseases, increasing life quality in general, and many more.
Like I said, I experienced quite a lot (I’m working in the markets, I’m a CEO and I dedicate less than 1h total per week to workouts and yet when doctors look at my bloodwork, they ask if I’m a professional athlete – how? Research and efficiency in what I’m doing – it’s all connected), and it’s really surprising to me how underutilized the synergy between the finance, wellbeing and self-development has been up to this point.
So, the long answer to the question is that this is leading to increased wellbeing of everyone, who participates, increased profitability (of course, no guarantees, but you know very well how one thing leads to the other), and building a platform that will allow for enormous scaling of this effect. To make the world a better place and become happier and wealthier while doing so.
Also, while I’m at it, I’d like to mention two things:
- I re-introduced my 1-on-1 service, because it was previously described in a manner that didn’t really emphasize what it is that I can do. The new and up-to-date name of the service is Mastering Multidimensional Wealth | 1:1 Coaching Experience . I have only 4 seats available, because I assume that this will be an ongoing weekly experience for those, who enter into this engagement. That’s where the biggest benefits can be reaped. However, it might be best to start with 30 minutes at first to just get to know me in this sort of work (it’s priced at a fraction of the regular session’s value), and we’ll both see if we’re a good match. If so, I’ll likely have some ideas for you even during those 30 minutes, and you’ll see if my approach makes sense for you, and whether you want to go into a longer engagement – where a true transformation can (and likely would) happen. If you feel that this is something that could be helpful to you at this stage of your life, you can book your seat here.
- The above has only 4 seats available even though there are 5 workdays in a week (I plan to have one of those sessions per day), because the fifth session will be reserved for someone, who will have a priority due to the specific nature of the cooperation. Namely, I would like to enter into a partnership with someone (just one person) – a visionary investor who seeks to leave a profound mark on the world, and I plan to use all my insights to make sure that this person’s wellbeing will increase as much as possible thanks to our cooperation.
I can and will do all the above work related to Golden Meadow, anyway, but a partnership would speed things up substantially. I described what my plan and motivation are, and if you share my passion and are moved by the work that I’m undertaking, please consider this a call to action.
I’d like to welcome a strategic investment of $1M from a single individual who is not only driven by financial potential but also by the profound impact that can be achieved. It isn't just an investment in numbers, but an investment in a vision that encompasses collective well-being. By partnering with me, you'd not only be enriching your financial journey, but also contributing to the betterment of the world.
If you resonate with the deep resonance of this vision and want to explore the extraordinary potential that this investment partnership offers, please reach out today. Also, I’ll be in California in about a month, and I’ll be happy to meet to discuss the vision for the company with this person. This is your chance to ignite transformation not only within your wealth portfolio but on a global scale. Let’s start a conversation that has the power to shape not just your future, but the world's.
Thank you for reading our free analysis today. Please note that the above is just a small fraction of the full analyses that our subscribers enjoy on a regular basis. They include multiple premium details such as the interim targets for gold and mining stocks that could be reached in the next few weeks. Subscribers also get intraday follow-ups whenever the situation requires them. We invite you to subscribe now and read today’s issue right away.
Przemyslaw K. Radomski, CFA